Job Title - Actuarial Analyst
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £40,000
Location - London - with hybrid working available
Industry - Insurance Actuarial
Purpose of the Job
- To assist the Actuary, work closely with the relevant Underwriting teams and support other Group functions in respect of the provision of actuarial pricing and business planning activities, reserving and other actuarial related activity as required
Pricing and Business Planning
- To assist the Actuary with the implementation of a development plan for the recalibration of pricing models in line with the plan agreed between the Actuarial Function and Actuarial Analytics departments.
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders, including the Actuarial Analytics department and underwriters when updates or changes to pricing models are being performed.
- To assist with the actuarial large risk review process in accordance with the Group Underwriting Guidelines.
- To assist the Actuary in reviewing and challenging divisional and class Technical Pricing MI.
- To assist with detailed segmentation analysis on relevant classes to identify areas of outperformance/underperformance
- To assist with the input, analysis, and justification to support robust challenge of the business plans for the division(s) and assist with the documentation of the actuarial view of the plan.
- To work with the Pricing team in the design and build of tools that will assist underwriters in improving risk selection.
- To assist with and undertake production of the draft quarterly reserving study for the relevant division(s) using appropriate techniques/analysis to include calculation of best estimate reserves and currency allocations, for review by the Actuary
- To assist with the analysis of classes identified for targeted review, focusing on the key areas and producing draft documentation of the results.
- To assist with the review of US Trust Funds reserves for the relevant classes
- To assist with the internal model parameterisation as required in respect of Underwriting Risk and Reserving Risk in line with the agreed timetable.
- To provide a contribution to the wider Actuarial team via input to pricing, reserving or portfolio analysis and departmental meeting
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-