A Field Engineer works as a team member to ensure that the installation is delivered according to project specifications and that the customer receives the best possible service. This position interfaces with Operations, Engineering, Programming, and Customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. A Field Engineer is responsible for the field commissioning of audio-visual systems & conducting end-user training.
- Manage time to meet the project deadline
- Interface with Project Manager and Customer contacts
- IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network
- Complete IPCC table
- Complete QC Commissioning checklist
- Audio system tuning
- Write and modify audio DSP files
- Video system calibration
- Control system configuration
- Load, test, and troubleshoot all control code from the control system programmer
- Assist Installation Technicians with questions and clarifications
- Take photographs of the completed installation
- Document, diagnose, and resolve equipment and installation issues
- Provide training to clients
Required certifications & Courses
- AVIXA CTS-I
- AVIXA CTS-D
- Crestron DMC-E
- Biamp TesiraForte
- Biamp Tesira Server
- QSC - Designer Level 1
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 210
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 120
Encouraged Certifications & Courses
Daily travel to job sites. Occasional travel out of state for projects and training
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities are also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.