Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.Primary Objective
Major Function And Scope
- Manage current camera systems on automated production lines
Knowledge, Experience, And Competencies
- Departmental camera process key-user
- Knowing the process
- First line support for operator/shift leaders
- Solving hardware issues:
- Camera / Lighting (incl. replacement, re-calibration)
- Electrical (standard components like supply, relays, lighting controllers, etc.)
- Computer issues
- Troubleshooting machine interaction related issues (case of unexpected behavior in production):
- Searching on both side (machine PLC and camera PLC) an explanation (based on the documentation: flow charts, state machine)
- Manages the needed spare parts for the camera systems on the site
- Follows the monthly camera meeting between the camera team and each department
- Collects information on the running systems and makes proposals to the camera team to improve the systems
- Takes small project over from the camera team:
- Upgrade of running systems (e.g. lighting upgrade, camera upgrade, computer replacement )
- Local management of new camera projects
- Being involved in the design of the new systems to understand the system in detail and help improve the system
- Involved in the project reviews and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Prepare and lead camera projects during the Installation phase
- Define the position of electrical cabinets (VFD room and floor) and HMI together with the project manager of the line, with validation by the camera team
- Define the cable ducts from the VFD room to the floor and from the floor to the camera portal
- Define the cable lengths for the installation based on the defined layout
- Participating or leading the Factory Acceptance Testing
- Perform the IO check and vision setup (power up the camera's and lighting)
- Camera engineer participates in system commissioning
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with Siemens Step 7 and TIA Portal to troubleshoot machine PLC code (interacting with the camera system)
- Knowledge of Beckhoff hardware and Twincat 3 is a plus
- Practical approach and organized (preparation and execution)
- Ability to work fine and precise (e.g. camera adjustment and calibration)
- Dynamic and multitask capable (the spectrum is wide)
- Team worker with social character (lots of contact with several people in production and for the projects)
- Flexibility to support production critical systems (flex-hours)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external business contacts.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Ability to identify, plan, implement and evaluate cost of labor related projects
- Ability to design and implement manufacturing studies regarding production or cost methods.
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.