Business Development Manager (Medical Device / Animal Health)
Global market leading company first established in 1830. Starting out in surgical instruments, the went on to use their experience to manufacture operating theatre tables, electrosurgery, surgical suction units and autoclaves. Today they are recognised as innovators in the design and manufacture of autoclaves and surgical suction devices which are used across a wide range of sectors including: healthcare, dental health, animal health and workplace solutions.
- National Role
- Base Salary to £45k - Uncapped commission with OTE quoted as £85k
- Company car and extensive benefits
They key function for the Business Development Manager will be to protect and solidify established business in the dental space (considerable existing base) and to open new revenue streams in the Animal Health sector. Reporting directly to the U.K. Business Director and working within the Commercial Team as part of a multi-disciplinary Group (Sales & Service). The main accountability of this role will be the promotion and profitable sales of the portfolio of infection control products including capital equipment and consumables as well as its supporting service packages. The BDM role will engage and sell to new customers, primarily in the animal health market but any outside of the core Dental installed base.
Key responsibilities -
- Create, develop, and effectively communicate the market access strategy at both a regional and national level.
- Grow market share through establishing new, and building upon, existing relationships with key decision makers in the animal health sector and promoting products & services.
- Always thinking outside of the box for new ways to work in partnership with key accounts and customers to offer a solution focus proposition that benefits both parties whilst always considering how the partnership will enable us to reach our aim to grow market share and achieve set financial objectives.
- To effectively use all the sales tools, reporting systems and CRM to meet company standards expected.
- Support marketing by feeding back customer comments on products and services as well as new product developments and service enhancements.
- Responsible for proactively developing new markets and contracts and identifying, developing, and securing new business opportunities.
- Support the Senior Commercial Team (UK) in all Business Development related activities.
- Identify new and complimentary products or services for new sectors.
Candidate requirements -
- Proven sales professional able to demonstrate a strong track record against target
- Experience managing accounts and opening new business accounts
- Proven experience selling to the Animal Health vertical - contacts in situ and the ability to leverage relationships.
- Prepared to travel nationally
- Driven, determined and money hungry - focused on their commission and the uncapped potential.
To apply for this - or any of our exciting opportunities in the medical devices sales market - Apply Online
Progress Sales Recruitment is a specialist sales only medical recruitment consultancy dedicated to offering client and applicants alike the highest levels of service. With over 8 years experience in recruitment we specialise in the following areas of work - Nurse Advisers, Clinical Specialists, Theatre Sales Specialists, Sales Executives, Business Development Managers, Team Leaders, Sales Managers, Sales Directors and all other sales focused roles within the medical sector. Our core therapy areas include Vascular, Endoscopy, Urology,Neurology, ENT, Infection Control, Anaesthesia, Blood Products, Diathermy, Infusion, Orthopaedics, Surgical Instruments and all PCT, Primary, Secondary, Theatre and Rehabilitation products.