A market leading manufacturer require a Buyer. The Buyer will join a team of Buyers and Senior Buyers and be responsible for implementing procurement strategies and managing key supplier relationships.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, and rapidly growing manufacturing business. Predominantly focused on operational purchasing activities, there will also be opportunities to work with the Procurement Manager on more complex tasks.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Monitor and optimise supplier performance through the use of KPIs and scorecards
- Supply Chain Control, and Co-ordination activities
- Operational purchasing / planning activities
- Work to improve supply chain processes in collaboration with design and engineering
- Stock Control
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement or Supply Chain experience within a manufacturing or FMCG business
- Accustomed to managing and improving supplier relationships
- Comfortable working with a global supply chain
- Strong understanding of MRP/ERP
- Self-motivated, with the ability to "think outside of the box"