Working in the aero group, the candidate will use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to perform simulations investigating race car performance. The results from these experiments will be used to identify potential performance gains, guide wind tunnel testing, and develop body surface specifications. The CFD engineer will help make improvements to strengthen the aerodynamic performance of the race car.
- Apply computational fluid dynamics tools to understand airflow characteristics and improve performance
- Work in a group to develop all CFD models and perform all simulations
- Post-process the results to understand the impact of model changes
- Correlation of CFD results to wind tunnel and track test data
- Compile technical reports, present simulation results, and provide effective suggestions on design modifications.
- Summarizing and reporting activity to related departments
- Identify technology trends in the CFD field
- Bachelor s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- Thorough understanding of CFD concepts
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with CFD solvers, pre and post processors
- Experienced user of CAD software (NX, CATIA, SolidWorks)
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as required to meet project schedules and complete required tasks