Job Title - Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS Qualified)
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £60,000 - £65,000 + Car + Bonus
Location - Scotland
Within this rewarding role, you'll be complementing our existing Property team in handling both general material damage losses as well as assisting with complex building related issues. Claims can typically range from around 20k to over £1M in value, with a typical claims being around 250k. This role will be remotely based with travel.
You'll be working alongside one of our highly experienced adjusters, where the claim is typically adjuster led and requires further surveying expertise to progress and settle the insurance claims as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You'll carry out initial visits and assess damage to a high professional standard, help establish and agree the defect diagnosis, then progress ensuing all Planning, Building Regulations Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed and that work is carried out to a high standard. The work may also include arranging testing (ACMs) report preparation, any complaint resolution and compliance of performance and process requirements. All claims will require appraisal reports with budget costings and recommendations.
You'll be an experienced Surveyor within your field and Chartered MRICS qualified. Someone who enjoys the more technical side of surveying would suit this role. We'd also like you to have/be:
- Customer and quality focused to both internal and external customers.
- Team focused - working with colleagues throughout the business.
- Reactive - responding to daily workloads as dictated by customer requirements.
- Proactive - making sure KPIs and SLAs are met.
- Ability to produce good quality reports and presentations.
- Demonstrate technical competence.
- Knowledge of up to date Health & Safety legislation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a speedy and responsive manner
- Holds a full UK driving licence and have a willingness to travel when necessary
For extra information please contact:-