LANDCORE is a mid-sized, growing civil engineering consulting firm serving the private real estate development market across many sectors in the PA/NJ/MD/DE region. We provide land development planning, design and permitting services. We are a 15-year-old firm that utilizes a flexible work environment (primarily work-from-home) and top-notch experienced staff to provide sophisticated and quality services to our client base. Our staff enjoy a generous, full suite of benefits and are motivated by clearly communicated individual and corporate goals established by the team as whole. Join us!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing (and supporting other team members in preparing) Land Development Plan design documents and submission items in an efficient, quality manner consistent with the client's design intent, the Project Manager's directions, applicable regulatory requirements and established Company SOP. Proficiency in SWM design to meet PA and/or NJ regulations is a must for this role.
The following is a list of responsibilities for which this position is accountable:
- Prepare conceptual layout plan with minimal layout direction/redlines provided by Project Manager.
- Perform review of Zoning, SALDO, Stormwater and other agency ordinances/regulations for applicability to a given project.
- Have a thorough knowledge of applicable state Stormwater Regulations, Conservation District and DEP requirements.
- Assist Project Manager in establishing scope of work and hour budgets in association with production kick-off meetings.
- Prepare Preliminary Grading & Stormwater designs and establish overall grading and stormwater design strategy that best balances permitting requirements, client/tenant needs, budgetary constraints, and ease of construction/maintenance.
- Prepare Scope of Work documents for infiltration testing (as needed) to direct Geotech consultants.
- Prepare E&S plans/details/reports.
- Prepare Stormwater/PCSM plans/reports and Land Development Plans.
- Utilize Truck Turning software as needed for design and exhibit purposes.
- Coordinate with outside Landscape Consultant for transfer of files and inclusion of Landscape Design into our Land Development Plans.
- Prepare road and utility profile plans utilizing Civil 3D.
- Prepare Lighting Plans utilizing company issued software.
- Prepare application paperwork for agency submissions.
- Prepare print/shipping requests and coordination with outside printing company for such logistics.
- Perform quality checks on own work.
- Prepare quantity take-off's for use in Construction Cost Estimate preparation.
- Perform earthwork calculations.
- Prepare colored 2D site renderings.
- Actively Train and Mentor Designers and Jr. Designers with the goal of advancing their design skills such that they can progress to the next design level.
- Communicate/meet with agency review staff related to design comments/revisions.
- Actively assist Production Committee in advancing/refining production SOP and initiatives.
- 10+ years of progressive land development design experience in PA, NJ, MD and/or DE