Collections and Recoveries Coordinator - Bracknell - Contract 6 months+ (inside IR35)
The Collections and Recoveries Coordinator role is a customer service role that requires sensitivity, tact and empathy as it is dealing with customers who may find themselves in sensitive situations financially and emotionally.
Working for this global automotive brand based in Bracknell, the Collections and Recoveries Team works with customers who may be struggling to maintain their financial agreements, or need alternative arrangements established. Finding the balance between the needs of the business and supporting loyal customers is a key aspect of this role therefore.
This is an initial 6-month contract, with the potential to extend or become permanent.
- Communication and Customer Service
- Pre-Arrears Agreement Handling, speaking with customers who potentially will not be able to afford future repayments.
- Early arrears Agreement Handling, helping customers who have just entered into arrears and trying to negotiate repayment plans in order to get the agreement back up to date.
- Liaising with Customer Service Representatives, providing account information and updating customer agreements accordingly.
- Vehicle Repossessions, dealing with both the third party agents and also customers during the process of the actual repossession.
- Compassionate Handling of Deceased Agreements. Speaking with all parties involved in this process including the next of kin or family members and executors of the estate and solicitors.
- Identifying & referring any agreements that may potentially involve Fraud.
- Referring agreements for potential Pre-Litigation Action.
- Shortfall liability, discussing outstanding liabilities with customers following the end of contract on the agreements.
- Regulatory Administration
- Action Consumer Credit Act (CCA 1974) correspondence in line with processes and company requirements.
- Assist Management in the production and maintenance of FCA complaint and TCF work policies and procedures, with a focus on financial difficulties and vulnerability.
- Understand and apply FCA CONC rules with dealing with each customer agreement.
- Other Duties
- Assist in any projects, system upgrades, etc. when required.
- Proactively seek to improve processes and procedures within department.
- Continuing to enhance one s own learnings and education.
- Recognise and refer any Vulnerable Customer through telephone conversations and written communication with the customer.
- Assist in External Partner Agreements where appropriate.
- Complaint handling; speaking with the customer and taking details of their complaints and then referring to Team Leader/Manager and preparing any initial draft correspondence.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in preparing and analysing reporting data for management accurately and to timescales.
- Able to demonstrate good organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills.
- Demonstrate successful communication with internal and external customers at all levels via telephone and email.
- Ability to interact with senior management.