Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimate Preparation (Reroof) - Collect pertinent job information from on-site visits including but not limited to roof measurements, roof core information and overall roof condition, material staging, hoisting equipment setup, utilizing the RRCI standardized method.
- Estimate Preparation (New Construction) - Review provided plans and specifications for clarity and intent.
- Estimate Preparation (Common) - Compose and submit RFI's (Request for Information) to designer/consultant/owner for clarifications on project-specific information that is unclear at the time of the bid.
- Estimate Preparation (Common) - Work closely with material and equipment vendors to obtain competitive pricing on purchased goods and rental equipment.
- Actively review project variables in order to find the most competitive and customer-centered roof system assembly.
- Prepare estimates utilizing The EDGE estimating software. (Preferred)
- Review estimate and supporting documentation with estimating department manager or senior estimator.
- Prepare project specific proposal outlining such items as anticipated or predetermined staging and hoisting locations as well as roof installation details and general construction procedures.
- Accompany assigned business development associate to proposal delivery.
- Actively make follow-up calls on outstanding/delivered proposals when no business development associate is assigned to the project.
- Once projects are obtained, complete the Project Information Packet (P.I.P.) and conduct handoff with the assigned project manager.
- Attend pre-construction meeting with the operations department.
- Assist in pricing change orders and other project-specific tasks to help maximize project profitability.
- Participate in continuing education, trade shows, seminars, publications to keep up with industry standards.
- Monitor bid calendar on Dataforma daily to allow attention to the upcoming schedule, and practice minimum 2 weeks look ahead.
- Facilitate communications between various depts. engaged in completing work.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, govt requirements, etc.
- Photocopies documents and plans, maintain project databases.
Measurement of performance
- Sell a predetermined dollar volume of roofing projects.
- Meet or exceed all listed job responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, with 4-7 years of work experience
- Critical and abstract thinking skills.
- High aptitude in math and language arts (writing).
- Competent PC skills (Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
Position may require occasional climbing, balancing, heavy lifting, stooping, kneeling, and or crawling. This position may require sitting for extended periods of time, or require being on your feet for an extended period of time.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Holidays, Vacation