My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their team in Finsbury, London with a large amount of remote working.
This role involves working with the Compliance team to advise and support lawyers and Business Functions employees globally on a broad range of issues including, but not limited to, anti-money laundering, conflicts, sanctions and other applicable regulatory requirements.
This is a critical function and requires someone who is confident working on their own initiative and is comfortable communicating effectively with people at all levels of the firm. It also involves working closely with the wider Business Functions teams responsible for Accounting, IT and Business Development.
The role of the Compliance Officer is very broad and involves the day-to-day activities and compliance projects listed below.
- Reviewing new client and matter requests to ensure that all relevant information has been provided to satisfy our regulatory requirements and liaising with lawyers on obtaining any outstanding information.
- Analysing conflict check requests to identify any legal and commercial conflicts and liaising with partners accordingly.
- Undertaking PEP, sanctions and background checks as required and advising lawyers on how to navigate any results.
- Reviewing and advising lawyers on escrow agreements from a compliance perspective.
- Reviewing and maintaining registers including process agency matters, gifts and hospitality, data protection, PEPs and enhanced risk matters.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries.
- Supporting the wider team with ongoing and ad hoc Compliance Projects as set out below.
- Professional indemnity insurance renewal.
- General insurance renewals.
- Practising Certificate renewals.
- Intranet/IT projects upgrades.
- Tasks involved with new office opening.
Skills and experience - essential
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in anti-money laundering policies and procedures and regulatory compliance including the following:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and law society/bar association guidance.
- Experience of performing CDD checks on entities and individuals (preferably in a law firm).
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.