North American Electric, Inc., an industry leader in Electric Motors, and Motor Controls design and manufacturing, is looking for a Controls and Automation Designer to join our team. In this position you will be responsible for design, detail, and build of motor controls and automation systems. All design work is completed on Autodesk AutoCAD. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of motor controls and automation systems. This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead projects from design through build and engineering for motor controls and automated systems with superior organization.
- Specify hardware components and develop electrical wiring diagrams ensuring the design meets the controls requirements.
- Write function descriptions based on the customer controls requirements.
- Improve and streamline assembly process
- Development, construction, and installation of motor controls, automated machines, systems, and processes including pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Provide customer support when needed
- Requisition products and parts for the build
- Engineering support for product assembly
- Debugging, installation and service
- Travel is not a significant part of the anticipated task load, however some may be required.
- Experience working with a variety of control systems including PLCs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and international codes and safety standards.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems is a plus.
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators and management to manage projects and assignments.
- Willingness to work with all aspects of a project from initial customer contact, to conceptualization and design, to implementation and commissioning are required.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems.
- Experience with control system networking technologies and OSI Layer 2 networks a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in oil and gas, water, wastewater, and irrigation a plus.
- BS Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or five (5) years' experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years minimum in control design for motor controls systems in an operating engineering or maintenance environment with an emphasis on control panel layout and design is required.
- Electrical schematic design, PLC programming, familiarity with Siemens, Allen Bradley PLC hardware/software is a plus.
- Experience in commissioning and startup of control systems is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
North American Electric, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package and 401K with company match.
Submit resume and cover letter to HR@