Are you an experienced Customer Service Advisor looking for a rewarding opportunity? Where everyday you will be making a huge difference on peoples lives? Reed Birmingham Business Support are working with a UK Children's Charity, fighting for change for children for the last 130 years.
We are recruiting for candidates to assist on the helplines - Telephone and online services for those concerned about the welfare of a child, children / young people who need support.
Please note, this role is 100% office based located in Edgebaston.
This role works on shifts, with all shifts given 12 weeks in advance.
37.5 hours a week between 07:00 - 22:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 16:00 Saturday & Sunday (shift allowance for any weekend shifts)
- Responding to basic enquires and ensuring complex enquiries are distributed to the relevant location
- Assessing information and advice needs of a wide range of contacts
- Obtaining and documenting basic information on the cal
- Assisting with general phone and email enquiries
- To appropriately handle calls where the customer may be distressed, angry or upset and manage the information they are giving
- Provide administrative support by undertaking national checks including liaison with other agencies relating to information regarding these checks
- To alert the your practice manager to potential risks or sensitive enquiries and understand how to appropriately maintain confidentiality and security
- Exceptional customer service skills at all times, and dealing with all calls / emails in a calm, professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Systems (Outlook / Word, Excel)
- Ability to pick up computer systems quickly
- A Co-operative and supportive team player
- Experience in Customer Service is essential for this role, Call Centre Customer Service is desired
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential material
- Ability to judge the urgency of a caller and under pressure redirect the caller to the appropriate source
- £19,000 per year
- 6 month FTC with opportunity to go permanent
- Monday - Friday with 1/3 weekends worked (days off in the week for weekend work)
- Immediate start available
- Candidates looking for temporary roles also considered
- Working in a role where you truly make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children
- Rewarding opportunity
- Training provided on internal systems
- Great opportunity for someone looking to further their career with the UK's Childrens Charity
For more information, contact Hannah at Reed Birmingham Business Support today!