Maxar is seeking to hire a Data Scientist to join our Predictive Geospatial Analysis Tool (PGAT) team in Northern Virginia.
HYBRID: Herndon or Springfield - 2 days WFH
Your demonstrated skills and experience with AI/ML modeling will support your interaction with systems and software engineers, configuration management specialists, and system security specialists.
This technical team supports the US Government by providing a Maxar end-to-end Space Solutions and Earth Intelligence capabilities that are built around the foundation of the Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) process.
At Maxar we unlock the promise of space to help governments and businesses solve problems on Earth and beyond. We monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence.
- Work-life balance to include flexible working opportunities and generous time off.
- Family-first benefits like adoption reimbursement, pet insurance and mental health resources.
- Educational perks such as student loan repayment, paid certifications and tuition reimbursement.
- Career growth opportunities including an internal mobility program and leadership training and development.
- Diversified healthcare and investment options including multiple medical plans, a stock purchase program and 401(k).
Active Top Secret security clearance, SCI eligible and willing to sit for CI Polygraph
Demonstrated experience with Python
Experience with AI/ML modeling
Experience with data analysis and data management
Experience working with Geospatial Datasets
Your understanding of the importance of the Army's modernization strategy and developing capabilities and platforms will produce distinctive advantages over near-peer advisories in a joint, multi-domain environment.
- Develop computer vision models for satellite imagery
- Trained, delivered, and deployed over 40 object detection models for multiple customers
- Developed python pipelines to automate data collection, cleaning, exploratory data analysis, and analytics
- Define and scope data science tasks and road map
- Engage with internal and external customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and update them on technical progress
- Compose technical documentation on the machine learning pipeline and model performance
Your passion for delivering new and innovative solutions for our customers will directly support new technology and earth sensing access to the new space economy.
What you'll get to do:
- You will be applying the latest machine learning techniques to extract insights from geospatial data.
- You will have access to an enormous corpus of training data and will work to build the best models through bake-offs, hyperparameter searching, and incremental learning techniques.
- You will quantitatively assess model performance and document the overall life-cycle.
- You will work with other members of the data science and engineering teams to improve data science products and experiences.
- Additionally, you will be developing rapid prototype solutions as needed for the focused collection, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of disparate data to extract meaningful insights.
Skill you'll expand:
- Designing, implementing, training, evaluating, and optimizing algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- Applying deep learning for computer vision and natural language processing
- Experience with major deep learning framework such as Caffe, CNTK, Theano, Torch, and Tensorflow