The Independence Center (The IC) is a Colorado Springs, CO nonprofit organization that provides traditional and self-directed home health care, independent living, and advocacy services for people with disabilities. The IC's mission is to work with people with disabilities, their families, and the community to create independence so all may thrive.
The IC is simply a wonderful place to work! Our five Core Values drive our culture: Inclusion, Adaptability, Person First, Collaboration, and Integrity. These core values guide how we interact with each other and conduct ourselves on the job.
What We Provide
The IC offers a supportive work environment, competitive pay, and great benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer-paid Life, D&D, and Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid sick and frontloaded vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
Summary of Job Description
The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for providing oversight of Human Resource operations at the direction of the CEO. Responsible for the performance and deliverables of the HR Department. Provides HR strategic leadership to include talent acquisition and retention, onboarding and orientation, benefit and compensation plan administration, agency employee training, and management development programs. Assesses the HR systems, policies, and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure agency compliance with employment laws. Executes organizational change initiatives and supports culture development.
A typical day for this position will be collaborating with leadership on strategic goals, supporting the HR team as they run the day-to-day operations, supporting the leadership team with HR matters, and attending internal and external meetings.
This is a full-time position with a typical schedule working M-F 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. There will be some flexibility to work remotely one or two days per week after an initial period to allow for connection with the team.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about being part of something bigger than a paycheck and leading a team to support our mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in providing senior-level HR leadership.
- Experience with ADA issues regarding employment and accommodations.
- Experience managing organizational benefit and compensation plans.
- Ability to travel within Colorado Springs and surrounding counties to meet with individuals and groups to present information and recruit talent.
- Proficient with computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom.
- Demonstrates The Independence Center's core values of Inclusion, Adaptability, Person First, Collaboration, and Integrity as well as its essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry, and Smart.
- Master's Degree.
- Recognized Human Resources certification.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience working with and supervising people with disabilities desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.