Responsible for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modification of manufacturing equipment and machinery for which you are assigned while maintaining overall business goals and objectives. Provide leadership and guidance to drive positive metrics in overall plant operational performance, focused on machine capabilities that result in improved safety, reliability, and service, while controlling and reducing cost.
- Develop maintenance strategies, procedures and methods utilized by E&I technicians
- Coordinate planned and unplanned work activities, as well as major shutdown activities
- Diagnose breakdown problems
- Manage and implement small projects within existing plant guidelines (Drawings,
- parts, Equipment BOMs, Procedures)
- Identify spare parts for MRO inventory
- Liaise between production assets, Maintenance crafts, and Project Engineering
- Support for DC & AC motor and drives.
- Experienced with electric motors for a full range of HP including servo driven motors.
- Support the control systems and instrumentation, Siemens Drives/PLC, Fox DCS knowledge preferred.
- Lead and/or support continuous improvement initiatives through a wide range of upgrades of assets.
- E&I support power systems, process and utility systems, technical support of other resources.
- Coordinate with the mechanical maintenance group on preventive maintenance, machine repair, and predictive maintenance.
- Prepare project recommendations through the collection, analysis, and summary of data and trends.
- Leads/motivates by positive example, exhibiting a can-do attitude.
- Good communication and negotiating skills, understands the importance of timely and complete communication to all who are impacted by a decision. Negotiate vendor contracts.
- High standards of accuracy and professionalism, with good attendance and the ability to work longer hours as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and interact with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Interaction with the equipment, great opportunity for someone who likes to support, troubleshoot, upgrade and develop systems while directing technicians and working with an operating team.
- Educational experience: B.S. degree, in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and related experience
- Experience level: minimum 2 years' of E&I Engineering experience