In the role of a Finance Assistant, you will be at the forefront of all payment queries for the finance department. Your strong attention to detail will allow you identify and analyse any payment errors and rectify appropriately. You will work as part of a team by demonstrating your excellent interpersonal skills and you will be supported by our already successful finance department.
Role: Finance Assistant
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm
Salary: A competitive salary package of £21,000 - £22,500 OTE
-A starting salary of £21,000 per annum.
-After 6 months upon successfully passing probation, you will receive an uplift of £500 taking your salary to £21,500 per annum.
-Upon passing developmental competencies, after 12 months service you will receive a further uplift of £1000 taking your salary to £22,500 per annum.
Closing Date: 31/08/2022
What you will be doing:
• Bordereaux Payments to all suppliers• Processing online electronic banking• Setting up and maintaining instalment plans• Cheque production• Posting and allocating receipts• Recovery process & banking cheques• Accounts reconciliation• Maintaining excel spreadsheet recording all debt recovery activity• Cheque cancellations• First point of contact for all payment queries• Identification and analysis of payment errors• Support the Claims function with any ad hoc responsibilities and projects as required?
What we're looking for:
• Strong interpersonal skills• A team player• Attention to detail with high level of numeracy and literary competence• Experienced in both MS Excel and MS word
About Acorn Insurance
We have almost 40 years of experience helping people secure competitive car, taxi, van, motor trade and home insurance, across the UK. As a specialist insurance provider, we offer a wide range of competitive insurance policies that can are tailored to our customers unique insurance needs. In 2020 we were in the Sunday Times top 30 Profit Track companies for private companies with fastest growing profits.
Why Acorn Insurance?
Acorn want to give you more than a job, we want to give you a purpose and a career. So, what can we offer you as an employer? Some of the benefits you will receive include:
- Perk Box Online & High Street vouchers and discounts
- Free monthly Café Nero Coffee
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye test vouchers and a contribution towards the frames
- Service-related holiday entitlement capped at 32 days (including bank holidays)
- Clearly defined progression paths with training and support
- National vocational qualifications
- Free self-development & qualifications via Magpie Learning
- A comprehensive Mental Health support network including:
- 4 Free Counselling Sessions
- Access to a free 4-week programme of CBT with a trained Therapist Mentor
- Unlimited access to a telephone councillor 365 days a year, 24/7
- A UK wide network of Mental Health First Aiders
- Competitive salary
- Free Hot Drinks on Site
- Dress Down Days
- Regular employee engagement including ongoing competitions with prizes from fantastic places like Hotel Chocolat, HelloFresh, and Love to Shop Vouchers
- Company Pension Scheme
- Charity fundraising events
All roles are subject to DBS and Financial checks, any offer made will be conditional until checks are completed to satisfactory standard.