Job title: Financial Controller
Package: £50k - £55k
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: Full Time
Our client is a high-growth manufacturing SME based in Somerset.
They are now looking to recruit an ambitious, dynamic and technically competent Financial Controller who will play a key role in transforming the finance department and creating a solid platform for their future growth.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, so if you're just returning to work and need to work flexibly then we'd like to hear from you.
Financial Controller - The Role
As Financial Controller, you will be an experienced hands-on accountant and have the commercial awareness to assist the company with its growth and implement change.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop the finance team and proactively improve the financial processes;
- Review the monthly management accounts pack and provide insightful analysis;
- Produce and monitor forecasts and budgets;
- Monitor cash and prepare cash flow forecasts;
- Provide strategic financial support to the Managing Director;
- Carry out financial analysis to support strategic and operational decision making;
- Oversee the submission of VAT returns and payroll;
- Manage the stock audit process and recommend process improvements;
- Provide support on future fundraising activities and associated financial models;
- Prepare annual financial information to support the year end accounts and tax return;
- Assist with annual R&D tax claims;
- Oversee the IT function;
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory financial compliance requirements are met;
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders including investors, auditors, insurance brokers and HMRC;
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects.
The Successful Applicant
As Financial Controller you will be a qualified accountant who ideally has been the number one in finance for an SME. Consideration will also be given to someone looking for their first move out of an accountancy practice with an SME client base.
Key attributes include:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA);
- Manufacturing experience desirable;
- Experience of line management;
- Hands-on with excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of R&D tax credits desirable;
- Strong Excel skills;
- A can-do attitude;
- Strong communication skills.
Please be aware that by applying through this job board your CV will be added to their database. Should you prefer, you can apply for this role direct via our website, artemisclarke.co.uk.