1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the General Shop Help position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will prepare products and materials for the galvanizing process by hanging angle on spreader bars, staging tubular products, and preparing small parts for galvanizing. Additionally, you willâ
- Inspect and identify unsafe production fixtures, chains, and hooks to ensure proper repair or discard unsafe items
- Hand wire small to medium-sized parts to racks for pickling or galvanizing
- Pull and place chains and ropes around steel bundles for racking
- Move lightweight pieces of steel by hand from different locations in the plant and yard
- Perform paddling functions to enhance the quality level of the various galvanized products using air guns to blow off zinc needles
- Use air or electric powered tools to help prepare steel for pickling or galvanizing
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Work safely, protecting self and others from accident and injury
What it takes
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure
- The ability to communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months of previous experience in a galvanizing position
- Six months of previous experience with hand tools and gauges including impact wrenches, air grinders, drills, taps, oxygen acetylene torches, and mill gauges
- Six months of previous experience operating a bridge crane
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .