Hospitalist opening in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
University of New Mexico Hospital is the state s academic health center in New Mexico, focusing on care for the most complex health needs in the Southwest. UNMH is the primary teaching hospital for the UNM School of Medicine, which means your care team is on the cutting edge of medical research, technology, clinical trials, and specialty patient care.
UNMH is a Level 1 Trauma Center with a dedicated Children s Hospital.
- 618-bed not-for-profit hospital
- The Hospitalist team consists of 10 physicians and 8 advanced practitioners
- Code team runs rapids and code blues; hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- Closed ICU
- No procedures required
- ABIM or ABFM Certification preferred, board eligibility accepted with an expectation to become certified within 2 years
- Full and part-time schedules are available
- H1b and J1 eligible; access to Sound's in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction, and financial performance for its hospital partners nationwide. Sound combines a high-performance model with engaged providers to drive reproducible results across the acute care episode, including anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, telemedicine, and physician advisory services.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute , for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians' Path to Partnership track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Albuquerque is a vibrant city filled with diverse cultures, unique and authentic art, traditions, cuisine, and world-class museums. As New Mexico s largest and growing city, the richness of the land, people, architecture, and culture is undeniable. While growing at a steady pace, Albuquerque retains its neighborhood feel.
New Mexico s majestic blue skies set against t the colorful and dramatic Sandia mountains, make this high desert city a playground for outdoors enthusiasts. With more than 300 days of sunshine along with the ski slopes, award-winning golf courses, and world-famous hot air ballooning, there is no shortage of adventure and inspiration in Albuquerque. The rich history and spacious landscapes make Albuquerque a wonderful place to live and thrive.
- UNMH has received the Women s Choice Award for America s Best Hospitals Cancer Care
- UMNH is also a recipient of numerous other awards including the Digital Health Most Wired recognition as a certified level 7 organization, which is the 15th year recognized for this honor
- UNMH offers comprehensive and world-class services in all specialties including Cancer Care, Bariatrics, Women s Health, Stroke, Center, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Pain Management, and more.