GXO Logistics Supply Chain Inc.
Are you looking for the next step in your Health and Safety career? Do you prioritise safety as your number one? If so, this is the role for you!
Here at GXO, we are looking for a full time, permanent QHSE Advisor to join us at our site based in Birchwood. You will be responsible for all things health and safety, creating a safe environment for each other in a supportive workplace, where people can thrive and return home from work as healthy as they arrived.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis at our B&Q site in Birchwood, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Pay, benefits and more:
We're looking to offer a salary up to £35,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You'll also have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work with the operational departments in the creation and reviewing of risk assessments and associated documentation
- Review and create risk assessments and safe systems of work for all tasks carried out across the whole operation, including both warehousing and transport
- Liaise with site QHSE representatives to ensure the design and running of 'Road to Zero' site Health & Safety campaigns are engaging at all levels and fun
- Advise and assist where required with all on-going investigations into all accidents, incidents and near misses, identifying root causes and ensuring all actions are completed in the sites agreed SLA timings
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards, with a strong working knowledge of H&S Law and fire legislation
- Experience working at a similar level within a transport logistics/warehousing environment, ideally within 3PL
- Experience of assisting with production of risk assessments and associated documents
- Confidence engaging with colleagues at all levels, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with senior management and customers alike
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.