Orion Solutions is working with a well-established, national provider of non-asset-based transportation service. They are seeking an Intermodal Pricing Analyst to support and develop costing and pricing models for their Intermodal solutions. You will be responsible for overseeing the daily rate requests, reviewing and analyzing bids, while providing customer support. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel.Responsibilities
- Support the development of pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team and various other departments to deliver value to customers.
- Prepare bids for customer Request for Proposals (RFPs) with accuracy, competitiveness, and compliance with company standards and customer requirements.
- Identify opportunities and strategies in conjunction with cross functional teams.
- Maintain and utilize internal pricing system to evaluate and complete rate transactions.
- Process and submit all rate requests, analyzing all possible options to offer the best customer focused solution.
- Fulfil rate and bid request deadlines as outlined by the customer and company standards.
- Demonstrate an innate understanding of the Intermodal service.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external members.
- Conduct problem solving and solution remedies.
- Identify ways to improve and promote productivity and efficiencies.
- Promote and display Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of data-management experience in transportation or logistics.
- Cost management and business analysis experience preferred.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Must enjoy discussing and documenting project scope, approaches, and status updates.
- Willingness to pursue self-training and individual learning to better understand complexities of the industry.
- Ability to meet varied hours during select times of the year.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service and in interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under high pressure.
- Able to work independently, or in a team-setting; proactive, takes initiative, and follows up