MetroStar Systems is looking for an Jr Application Engineer
to support the Marine Corps Technology Services Organization (TSO) Business Information Systems (BIS) support. If you want to join a company that values supporting next generation information technology initiatives, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Our team is responsible for technical operations and has administrative access to 24x7 operations infrastructure. We serve as a technical lead within the organization by acting as the escalation point for issues arising from customer support and other functional areas. Come be a game changer and join our team!
Don't meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! - The MetroStar People & Culture TeamYou're a great fit if
You'll love our position if (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have a passion for configuring, deploying, and supporting applications, as well as their supporting tools and services.
- You have in-depth knowledge of assessing, designing, implementing, and testing system changes in response to production outages, system bugs, and system change requests.
- You have experience in Agile project management methodologies to support all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA to manage, assign and collaborate on work tasks
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Management Information Systems or Computer Science. One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience working with a development team
- You have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in technical operations.
- You have experience with authentication systems.
- You possess a Security + DoD 8570 qualifying certification.
- You have an active Secret clearance
What your day will look like:
- Like to solve problems, using excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary written and spoken communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive nature to solve issues independently, but with awareness to escalate as needed
- Experience working on an agile development team
The Admin Stuff:
- You'll diagnose common system problems and document system events to ensure continuous functioning.
- You'll utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- You'll prepare and provide various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- You'll ensure compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- You'll work to continuously define and improve a wide spectrum of processes utilized by the support team.
- You'll serve as technical lead within the organization by acting as the escalation point for issues arising from customer support and other functional areas.
- You'll communicate and collaborate closely with the Development and Quality Assurance team to improve processes and technology supporting deployment and maintenance of applications.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.