The Diez Group Kansas City is expanding its operations from warehousing and distribution to production, as a tier one manufacturing supplier of blanked material. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team. Your position will focus on safe and efficient set-up, changeover, safe operation and troubleshooting of the press machines.
The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers.
Adjusts, repairs, and maintains all manufacturing, support and facilities equipment. Carries out industrial maintenance functions following good maintenance practices. Participates in the establishment and improvement of new and existing equipment. The primary focus will involve the planned maintenance and corrective maintenance of equipment by performing PM's, documenting work using a computerized maintenance management system and other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
• Perform maintenance jobs in accordance with the highest standards of efficiency
• Participate in continuous improvement projects Adhere to ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 procedures and work instructions.
• Maintain the smooth running of the building facilities to include repairs, lighting, electrical systems, maintain plumbing system, alarm system, fire extinguishers, HVAC.
• Maintain the smooth running of the grounds.
• Maintain the smooth running of all production equipment within the plant
• Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
• Strong technical capacity to perform required repairs / maintenance while following safety protocol
• Ability to be licensed to operate powered industrial equipment (hilo, crane, manlift)
• Able to effectively communicate problems, root cause and corrective actions.
• Troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Hydraulics and Pneumatics
• PLC and VFD electrical experience
• Ability to read blueprints and technical documentation
• (LOTO) Lockout / Tag-out.
• HVAC Experience
• Perform all work in an ethical manner
• Take imitative when you see something that needs fixing, don't wait for it to break
• Ability to manage time.
• Team Player
• Adhere to attendance policy
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a plant floor environment and required the use of PPE. The job may also require working outdoors or in an office setting. This role routinely uses hand tools and various meters. In addition to standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those essential functions that must be successfully performed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, ascending/descending stairs, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The position also requires being able to operate and be certified / licensed to operate powered industrial equipment such as hilo's, manlift's and cranes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, weekend work and extended hours as required.
This position requires no travel.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent Military training and experience required.
• 2-3 years proven practical knowledge in Maintenance / mechanical repairs
• Lockout / Tag out (LOTO) Experience
• Prior experience in the steel / aluminum industry a plus
• Able to pass certification of power industrial equipment (hilo, manlift, crane)
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.