As a member of the Financial, Planning, Analysis & Consulting team (FPAC), you will be working in a collaborative and dynamic environment at Merchants Fleet. You will have the opportunity to work with leaders across the company to ensure the integrity of accounting and external reporting as well as develop and enforce internal controls in key areas.
Location: We are looking for this individual to work at our Corporate Headquarters in Hookset, NH onsite and open to a hybrid schedule
Check out the benefits that Merchants Fleet has to offer here .
What your day will look like immersed in our GROWING culture:
- Manage both internal and external asset and AR reporting with a focus on debt and asset backed securities (ABS) investor reporting
- Manage asset/lease level ABS identifiers daily/weekly
- Analyze ABS assets to ensure compliance with policies, eligibility criteria, etc.
- Analyze net charge off activity and report to appropriate stakeholders
- Monitor daily cash application and deposits to trustee cash accounts
- Work closely with Treasury on the preparation of various debt/investor reports, including servicer reporting, settlement statements, etc.
- Journalize monthly debt and ABS activity.
- Ensure that proper internal controls are in place, documented and reviewed routinely
- Refine and enhancement the multitude of processes and interdependencies across the organization that impact asset and AR reporting
- Support audit and agreed upon procedure requests
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process, including account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist in special projects as needed
The Skills that you bring to Merchants Fleet:
- Fast learner of new technology and systems
- Comfortable multitasking and working independently with flexibility/adaptability; deadline oriented
- Can-do attitude and intellectual curiosity
- Team building and consensus building skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Power BI/Query/Pivot experience preferred
The Expertise you have:
- 5+ years of experience in public/private accounting, financial reporting and/or internal audit
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Experience assessing, designing, and implementing internal controls
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics, Blackline, Planful, Dataserv and SQL a plus
Merchants Fleet is the nation's fastest growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs, including electric vehicles. From financing and charging to maintenance and remarketing, Merchants has collaborated with dozens of OEMs, charging, data and upfit partners to ensure every client is connected to the service, technology platforms, and products that will support their fleet in making the transition to EV. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2021, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
To provide all candidates with the highest level of our attention, Merchants Fleet does not accept uninvited solicitations or resumes from third parties.
California Residents click here for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities .