Maths LecturerLOCATION: Middlesbrough, North YorkshireSALARY: £24,660 - £35,176 + Teacher's PensionSHIFT/WORKING HOURS: 37-hour week (Mon-Fri)ROLE SUMMARY:To plan and deliver a wide range of challenging, relevant learning and work experiences that ensure all learners can develop and apply the skills, knowledge, behaviours, and attitudes required for the 21st Century learning, life, and work.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of all students.
- Employ a variety of teaching techniques and resources consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, the physical limitations of the space provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Plan and deliver a suitable Assessment Programme ensuring marked work meets College Standards.
- Implement the College's Core Values through the Gold Standard of Teaching and Learning.
- Utilise diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic achievement.
- Participate in Interval Verification requirements including the preparation for Awarding Body visits and be involved in any inspection of the College e.g. Ofsted.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by the College and any statutory regulators including but not limited to Awarding Bodies, Funding Bodies and/or Government Departments.
- Implement all College policies and procedures governing student life and conduct.
- Make provision for being available to students and/or to their parents for education-related purposes outside of the teaching day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Maintain and improve professional relationships with colleagues.
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities including relevant industrial updating and keep up to date with development in the subject area.
- Be involved in the College's Quality Assurance arrangements e.g. induction, lesson observations, performance reviews and gathering/analysing feedback from students with a view to implementing continual improvement to courses on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to the general standards of conduct embodied in various College policies and procedures
- To attend and contribute to course team meetings, section meetings, tutor, and area team meetings where applicable.
- To work closely with colleagues in developing and improving the current curriculum offer for programmes you teach on.
- To partake in marketing and recruitment activities including open evenings, school tasters and visits, student profiling for publications, interview, induction, awards evenings, results day, and enrolment etc.
- To actively prepare all students for employment.
- To support and promote equality and diversity to ensure quality of opportunity for all students, visitors, and staff, and the elimination of discriminatory practices.
- To maintain and promote a healthy and safe environment to ensure students, visitors, and staff are safe from harm and to support and promote the safeguarding of all students, visitors, and staff.
- The post holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and in addition to the main tasks identified above, this may include course coordination.
Within the limitation set out in the contract of employment, working hours are flexible and can be subject to variation depending upon curriculum needs.REQUIREMENTS:Qualifications:
- To be a qualified Teacher or willing to work towards.
- To hold a Degree in Maths, or equivalent.
- GCSEs at Grade C / Level 4 or above in English and Maths, or equivalent.
- To hold a minimum Level 4 Subject Specialism and be willing to work towards Level 5 if necessary.
- Current knowledge and/or experience of teaching mathematics.
- Relevant experience in a teaching position in Further Education or Secondary Education or within a professional environment - Desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Current knowledge of potential issues in Maths practice that may impact on curriculum delivery.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the capacity to deal effectively with staff, students, parents, employers, and others.
- To have good time management and organisational skills.
- Evidence of disseminating own good practice effectively.
- Ability to deal promptly and effectively with inappropriate behaviour in the classroom.
- Suitable level of proficiency in ICT and understanding of its application to Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
- Able to prepare written and visual teaching materials including the effective use of Information Learning Technology e.g. Virtual Learning Environment, PowerPoint supported by key software.
- A creative and imaginative approach to student-centred teaching.
Please note that all appointments are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and receipt of two satisfactory references.For more information on the opportunity please feel free to contact Karl Roberts at Imperial Professionals.