NextGen's practice in Digital Engineering (DE) is growing. As such, we are seeking to hire Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Systems Engineers with experience in modeling and simulation and/or digital engineering. NextGen's DE team employs MBSE approaches in support of new systems development for commercial and DoD/Intel customers. Selected engineers will collaborate with fellow DE colleagues to solve complex technical tasks while becoming experts with and deploying cutting edge MBSE tools. Establish and grow your Digital Engineering career with NextGen today!
- Work on a cross-functional team to develop cutting edge software solutions for DoD mission critical programs of record, ranging from C2 to intel to acquisition
- Apply knowledge of model-based languages such as UML and SysML
- Utilize MBSE tools such as MagicDraw/Cameo to develop detailed models that integrate sub-system models across multiple domains (avionics, RF, communication, aerodynamics, acoustics, EMI, human factors, etc.)
- Enable/support development of automation capabilities and tying the Digital Thread
- Perform system engineering activities: trade studies, functional analysis, requirement decomposition/allocation, interface definition and specifications.
- Work within an Agile Project Management framework and DevSecOps culture
- Collaborate across stakeholders including customers, teammates and partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 2+ years contributing to or leading projects employing MBSE
- Solid understanding of MBSE and systems lifecycle processes
- Experience with MagicDraw, Rhapsody or Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Ability to develop systems deliverables, to include requirements, CONOPs, IDD/ICDs, SDDs, test plans/procedures
- Experience in Agile software systems development
- Ability to work closely with software engineers to evolve the systems architecture
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and implement in a dynamic environment
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and customer-facing skills
- Current DoD Secret clearance preferred; U.S Citizenship is required
- Experience with DoDAF (either UDPM and/or UAF)
- Experience with GOTS MS&A tools (e.g., AFSIM, EWIRDB/TMAP, NGTS, OneSAF)
- Experience with COTS MS&A tools (e.g., MATLAB, Ansys Minerva, AGI STK, Phoenix ModelCenter, Dassault SOLIDWORKS or similar)
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C++
- Ability to develop new plugins/scripts for MBSE and MS&A tools/frameworks
- Previous work experience with USAF or US Army customers
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and professional services provider specializing in advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably improve our client's organizational performance. We have established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their position, tenure, race, or sexual identity.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees' contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and adaptability.
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all levels.
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make mistakes.