Meat Clerk Summary
To deliver more than is expected to my customers and associates by providing a positive first impression, determining actual needs, delivering real solutions, adding value where I can by supervising the store and leaving the customer so satisfied that no competitor is an acceptable alternative.Meat Clerk: What I Do, How I Do It, and Why I do it
As a Meat Clerk, this is what I do:
Meat Department Operations
- I support meat department operations including department readiness, staffing, supervision, price maintenance, policies and procedures, inventory preparation, department financial goals and objectives, department cleanliness, and safe use of equipment and tools.Meat Department Replenishment & Inventory Procedures
-I support meat department replenishment and inventory processes by assisting in ordering, replenishment, receiving, invoicing and accounting, back stock, reclamation and returns, damages and reworks, supply use and inventory preparation.Merchandising & Sales Floor Standards
- I support merchandising and sales floor standards including proper stocking, rotation, signing, setting and maintaining displays, sampling and overall department procedures.Equipment and Tools
-I adhere to all proper equipment procedures, including cleaning and maintenance requirement. Problem Solving
- I clearly define issues upfront and then use critical thinking skills and logic to effectively obtain answers to questions through a conscious and organized manner.Safety/Quality Orientation
- I consistently produce and emphasize the need to produce high quality products and services while being aware of the issues and following procedures that affect personal safety and the safety of others.As a Meat Clerk, this is how I do it:
- I successfully initiate, develop, and foster relationships with others. I take a personal interest in the interests and ideas of others and treat others fairly, respectfully, and sincerely. I empathize with the emotions of others and consider things from other people's perspectives.Conscientiousness
- I demonstrate responsible behavior, thoroughness of work, and dependability. I consistently demonstrate compliance with Harps' policies and procedures, including regular and timely attendance, adherence to dress code and ensuring a safe work environment, and a willingness to complete other duties as assigned.Customer Service/Hospitality
- I completely understand what delivering more than expected means in regards to great customer service. I remove any barriers impeding customer service. I actively look for ways to help others by following our SMILE Program guidelines.Integrity
- I demonstrate and act in accordance with an appropriate and sound set of values, beliefs, and business ethics. I am an honest person.Modeling Cultural Values
- I act consistently in accordance with values that are consistent with those of the organization. I model high standards of behavior for others through personal actions and commitment to the organization.Professionalism
- I hold myself accountable by demonstrating a "no excuses" approach to my own attitude, performance, and results. I work in the best interest of Harps even when it involves putting individual needs aside.As a Meat Clerk, this is why I do it:
- I anticipate and recognize customer needs and remain dedicated exceeding customer expectations. I use customer information to improve products and services. I continually strive to improve customer satisfaction.Respecting Others/Citizenship
- I encourage an atmosphere of teamwork by my own actions. I support others, facilitate their work, and defend them when appropriate. I encourage cooperation and trust within a group. I show a high concern for the rights, values, and worth of others. I treat others fairly and consistently. I give appropriate attention toward the concerns expressed by others by empathizing with their emotions and considering things from their perspective.Supporting Harps' Mission Statement
- With respect and support from my peers and supervisors, I strive daily to exceed my customers' expectations in an effort to support the Harps' Mission Statement - "Our mission is to provide the best overall value to our customers, building a reputation for competitive prices, product quality and freshness, friendly service and cleanliness."POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- One year previous experience working in meat market of retail grocery store preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Adaptable to different situations and the ability to respond with flexibility to shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Moves, lifts, carries and places merchandise and supplies weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequently reaches overhead and below the knees, including pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching and twisting with or without bearing weight. Occasionally required to climb.
- Continuous repetitive motion with hand(s) and arm(s), such as grasping, gripping and turning.
- Stands and/or walks continuously throughout shift.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects, as well as verifies information, often in small print.
- May be exposed to all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, ice and wind) as well as, inside work with variations in heat, cold, dust and humidity.
- May be exposed to cleaning solvents or other chemicals.
- May be exposed to latex, eggs, nuts, soy and wheat.
- Employment at Harps may be contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a PEP survey, drug screen, employment reference check and criminal background check.