Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world's fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we're eager to hear from you.
The achievers, high performers, and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a great opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Join our fast-growing team supporting leading Aerospace companies! If you are a highly motivated individual, a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in technology, we have the perfect job for you!
The successful candidate will draw upon their experience to aid in the design and analysis of gas turbine engine components. Collaboration and a forward thinking approach are important to ensure we remain the supplier of choice for our customers. You will also be the face of QuEST to your customers. Through listening to customer challenges, and building on your previous experiences, you will find creative approaches that will solve their most difficult engineering problems.
- Develop and/or modify designs related to Aero-engine components by analyzing product specifications, performance requirements, and existing manufacturing capabilities
- Execute mechanical design projects of gas turbine components on Structures/Rotating parts (Frames, Shaft, Disk, Blisk, seals etc.) and/or Airfoils (Blade, Vanes, Nozzles etc.)
- Evaluate concepts of new designs/improvements, manufacturing methods, materials or processes and complete required documentation by applying engineering principles and Industry standards, and generating reports, procedures or change proposals
- Capture design & system requirements from the customer, and incorporate into the component design
- Support technical substantiation, contribute & present in technical and program reviews
- Develop components and modules keeping cost, performance, life, and system requirements in mind
- Design and Analysis of the component using CAE tools (NX, ANSYS Classic, ANSYS workbench)
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering functions
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
- Evaluate form, fit, function and life of the components relative to the certified configuration
- Evaluate non-conformances by reviewing, analyzing design criteria's and acceptability limits, recommend disposition procedures and maximizing producibility
We're excited to talk to you if your qualifications meet the following criteria:
- 3-6 years of experience in the mechanical design of Gas-turbine or Turbo-machinery components
- Minimum BS/B.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with NX and ANSYS (Classic or workbench) or other similar tools
- Ability to easily interpret technical drawings with understanding of GD&T
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience is desired, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required