About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation's Capital is the largest Girl Scout council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We're the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
Have you been looking for a role that combines your talents in sales and relationship-building with a well-known name brand that makes a difference in the lives of others? If you found yourself nodding as you were reading, you are in the right place!
We are looking for someone who possesses the drive to win, success in bringing in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement, and the ability to build lasting relationships in communities, virtually and in person. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won't just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
What Winning in this Role Looks Like
• Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents, other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join, volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
• Developing prospects and leads for conversion to members.
• Leveraging sales development techniques to reach membership goals.
• Making cold contacts daily, through telephone, email, and video calls, as well as follow up with warm leads.
• Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through phone calls, emails, video calls, and in-person meetings, including assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
• Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scout families.
• Training and being a cheerleader for volunteers on girl and volunteer recruitment.
• Supporting recruitment efforts through girl program, including day camps and sampler troops (through video conference and in person).
The Skills You Need to Win
• Passionate about girl leadership
• Love for sales and making cold contacts
• Ability to close a sale
• Hunger to achieve goals
• Aptitude to hear the word "no" as an opportunity
• A tenacious and resilient demeanor
• Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving abilities to work in new and changing environments
• Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
• Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations (virtually and in person)
• Ability to relate well to both adults and children
• Skilled with Microsoft Office, major social media platforms, and various video conferencing software; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
• Ability to work 1-9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9AM - 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
• Have access to automobile for daily travel
• Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
• Comfortable and able to converse in Spanish would be useful (but not a must)
Some of Our Benefits
100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
Hybrid work environment: combining flexibility of telework with in-person human interaction!
Generous paid leave benefits
Paid holidays/office closures include: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and December 26-31. The Presidential Inauguration Day is also an observed holiday on January 20th every four years.
Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls