Job Title - Motor Fleet Technical Specialist
Contract - Permanent
Salary - Circa £75,000 + Benefits
Location - West Midlands Region / Flexible Home Working
About the role
Based in the West Midlands region and with excellent working from home flexibility, this Underwriting Technical Specialist role offers you the exciting prospect of joining a dynamic successful Corporate Insurance team who share common goals and a collective purpose of offering outstanding service to largest customers.
Our client a highly skilled Large Corporate Underwriting team has a central role in defining, maintaining and implementing the company's corporate risk selection, underwriting and management strategy. They enjoy high levels of underwriting authority to effectively manage insurance risk in line with the company's risk appetite and deliver excellent customer service supporting partner Brokers.
As a Technical Specialist you will be working in the Large Corporate Insurance Technical team
managing the Motor Fleet portfolio to ensure the most complex and high value cases for corporate
business are underwritten to deliver growth and profit objectives.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the resolution of complex, high value and contentious cases and referrals in accordance with internal policies and customer SLAs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and fair outcomes for members
- Developing, coaching and mentoring Underwriters and sometimes Claims Handlers to ensure they have the required level of skills and knowledge to provide effective technical support
- Contributing to the planning and development of skills, resources and structures designed to deliver the required technical capability and customer service behaviours
- Management of the Motor modules in the Technical Competency framework and recommendation of underwriting authority for underwriters in the Large Corporate Insurance underwriting team
- Auditing and monitoring the application of policies, procedures and processes, managing risks and issues, and technically supporting the investigation of investigating complaints and breaches
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Head Office UW and Pricing, Agencies, Brokers, Risk Management Services, suppliers and peers to ensure the effective delivery and alignment of objectives
- Identifying and supporting the development and implementation of improvements and changes to processes, procedures and practices to achieve consistent efficiency and customer service excellence
- Working with data analysts and Actuaries to manage Motor account performance using financial data and other MI to ensure quality of account performance and to identify the need for rating action and changes in acceptance criteria as well as monitoring the implementation of any modifications
A logical and strategic thinker, you will have strong analytical skills as well as extensive Underwriting experience in case Underwriting and/or Underwriting management. You will have strong knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in liability underwriting to allow you to act as a technical referral point for the most complex and high value liability accounts.
- A proven performer, you will have the ability to interpret complex data, drawing conclusions, producing underwriting portfolio analysis reports and delivering commercially sound recommendations in line with the company's risk appetite and strategy.
We hope that you will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Experience building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships
- Ability to support, train and develop others, ensuring they are equipped with all the tools, skills and knowledge they need to deliver excellent performance.
- A collaborative approach and superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey technical information efficiently to non-technical audiences and to influence stakeholder decisions
Reward and Benefits
Priding on being "a great place to work" with headquarters in the UK, when you join this team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Negotiable salary dependent on experience
- Annual bonus (up to 25%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 28 days holiday per annum (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Private medical insurance
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Life Assurance cover
- Discounts on a range of insurance policies
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-