Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Department Core Infrastructure Services provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure services for all companies of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG).
The section Networks & Data Center covers the group wide Data Center Management as well as development and operation of DBG's global Networks.
Our highly skilled and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago and Zürich are acting as a professional and reliable service provider for our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The Network Engineering Trading Team is responsible for developing and building DBG's global trading networks. We are responsible for the delivery of trading data to our customers, which is either colocation directly with us or connected via leased lines at one of our access points.
To support our team, we are now looking for a network engineer (m/f) who will support us in the colocation environment. Very high standards of fairness are required here. We have to ensure this by providing the right infrastructure The physical connection as well as the right hardware components have to be selected, tested and put into production and improved.
- Research, design, develop, implement and maintain network, timing, and capture infrastructure
- Perform in-depth latency and network analyses
- Conduct related hands-on tasks in the data center, e.g. measure cable length to ensure quality
- Develop automated test scenarios and tools to evaluate network devices
- You will ensure operational stability of the field of responsibility
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and procedures of the network, timing, and capturing environment in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associated work in compliance with the documented procedures.
- You will provide consulting services to other departments and assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies
- You will provide escalation support following processes and interacting appropriately with other departments and end users, when required
- University degree in Information Technology Computer Science or equivalent
- Practical experience in operating network devices, preferably with CCNP certificate or equivalent
- Proven practical experience in network technology
- Knowledge and experience in routing technologies
- Knowledge of the time concepts NTP, PTP, WR-PTP, and PPS
- Good knowledge of the physical infrastructure TAP, fibre optic cables, coax cables
- Experience in testing network components
- Experience with scripting is highly desirable
- Good programming experience in python
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a critical production environment; perform occasional installations on weekends
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German considered a plus
- Willingness to travel (