The Financial Operations Supervisor is responsible for leading the policies, procedures, processes, systems, controls, and personnel related to reservation, origination and termination of short-term leases for the Mobility portfolio.
Location: Merchants Fleet HQ in Hooksett, NH
Check out the other benefits that Merchants Fleet has to offer here .
What your day will look like immersed in our growing culture:
- Ensure financial transactions related to reserving, creating and terminating short term leases are completed timely, with accuracy and in accordance with GAAP, customer contracts, and company credit policies for the Mobility portfolio
- Manage workflow and delegate tasks related to creating, maintaining, and terminating short term leases
- Document team policies and procedures
- Work in collaboration with team members and cross functional teams as needed in providing client support
- Responsible for continuous process improvement in all financial transaction streams under supervision including but not limited to - elimination of rework, reduction of waste, implementation of tools to drive efficiencies, reduced defects/errors, and improvement of internal controls
- Assist in reconciliation procedures required within the monthly financial close process as needed
- Utilize existing monitoring controls, and participate in the development of new controls to ensure compliance with GAAP standards
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Mobility portfolio, cross train other departments to assist in peak times
- Participate in technology projects to ensure effective systems are in place to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Complete regular data audits to ensure accuracy/completion
- Assist with monitoring of KPIs to ensure sound operating practices, accountability of staff, and to track volume of workload for proper resource allocation
- Provide leadership and mentorship to staff members to drive a culture of customer service, continuous improvement, and vigorous application of process protocols
- Approve PTO requests while ensuring enough team coverage to allow for business activity and adherence to PTO/remote work policies
- Additional projects and assignments as assigned
- Proactively collaborate with team members to mitigate escalations and ensure timely resolution of items
- Provide one-on-one and/or group training for new hires/new tasks/process changes
- Conduct annual reviews for direct reports and participate in goal setting activities
- Conduct interviews for potential new hires and make recommendations on individual fit to the job
The Skillset you bring to Merchants:
- Positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment and create team motivation
- Strong conflict de-escalation and resolution skills
- Exceptional verbal and written skills to communicate in a clear, concise, and respectful manner
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to focus on accuracy while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to take ownership of duties with little or no supervision
- Strong ability to problem-solve using out-of-the-box thinking
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on accuracy with efficiency
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite, CRM tools, etc, and with an ability to learn and adapt to new systems
The Expertise you have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior supervisory experience
Merchants Fleet is the nation's fastest growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs, including electric vehicles. From financing and charging to maintenance and remarketing, Merchants has collaborated with dozens of OEMs, charging, data and upfit partners to ensure every client is connected to the service, technology platforms, and products that will support their fleet in making the transition to EV. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2021, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
To provide all candidates with the highest level of our attention, Merchants Fleet does not accept uninvited solicitations or resumes from third parties.
California Residents click here for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities .