Role: Payroll Clerk / Bookkeeper Salary: Up to £25,000 Benefits: Christmas shut down and work from home every Friday Location: Birmingham Type: Permanent Overview2Fawcett are recruiting for a payroll clerk / bookkeeper to work for an accountancy practice based in Birmingham. Working for this small, friendly, and well-established team you will be supporting a number of businesses with their payroll, offering them the highest possible service at all times. Unlike most accountancy practices, our client pride's themselves on the long-lasting relationships they build with their clients and this will be maintained by yourself and the wider team. Working within a team of 4, you will be jointly responsible for 120 payrolls of various sizes. The Role & Responsibilities of the Payroll Clerk / Bookkeeper
- Produce multiple Monthly & Weekly Salaries.
- Dealing with statutory legislation including Auto Enrolment, SSP, SMP, P45's, P60's and Tax coding.
- Always ensure full compliance
- Ensure all queries are resolved quickly and professionally.
- Deal with HMRC queries.
- Provide cover during periods of holiday and in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
Requirements of the Payroll Clerk / Bookkeeper
- Will be up to date with all payroll procedures including PAYE, RTI, Auto enrolment and statutory calculations etc.
- Knowledge of CIS would be beneficial but not essential
- The essential requirement of this role is previous experience working for multiple clients on Sage 50 payroll.