UMass Memorial Health is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our system also includes home health and hospice partners, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices.
The Division of Geriatric Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center currently seeks a full-time academic Geriatrician for a faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The successful candidate will be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and have completed a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine. Consideration will be given to both experienced physicians and graduating fellows.
- We are a collegial, stable Division emphasizing continuity of care across multiple health care sites and promotion and improvement of overall health of the geriatric population in our community.
- We offer a diverse clinical program in an age-friendly environment. We provide primary care of older adults, including comprehensive geriatric assessment, functional assessment, medication review and cognitive assessment.
- You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of health care providers with a robust partnership model of care involving geriatricians working in tandem with geriatric nurse practitioners.
- We provide home visits for our most frail patients alongside our geriatric nurse practitioners, provide care in several of the area s skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, and participate in UMass Memorial s innovative Hospital at Home (HAH) program.
- Faculty in the Division are also closely aligned with the Meyers Health Care Institute, a nationally recognized multidisciplinary research and educational institute focused on health care delivery science and population health.
- We offer a one-year ACGME Geriatric fellowship.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We strive to build strength through diversity within our division as an equal opportunity employer. As such, we encourage applicants who identify as underrepresented minority, so we can continue to add to the cultural competency and diversity of our division and provide exceptional care to our culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse community of patients.
Worcester, Massachusetts is rich in history and cultural diversity. You will find
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools,
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute,
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes,
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues,
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod a well as Providence and Newport Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour s drive.
In short, Worcester provides a myriad of social, cultural and recreational amenities making this area a truly desirable location in which to practice and live.
Apply here UMass Memorial Geriatrics or contact: