UCONN Health and the University of Connecticut School of Medicine seek a BE/BC Cardiothoracic Surgeon (CTS) for our new, comprehensive, academic Thoracic Surgery program. UConn Health s Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery is based at UConn John Dempsey Hospital in Farmington, a 200-bed, Level III Trauma Center boasting 14 new ORs and two robotic systems.
You will find a unique opportunity to advance your career in Thoracic Surgery at UCONN Health:
- A strong emphasis will be placed on innovative thoracic surgery (benign and malignant) with heavy use of VATS and/or robotic surgery.
- The Thoracic Surgery service has the full support of senior leadership at UCONN including that of the Chief, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Chair, Department of Surgery.
- You will enjoy a close collaboration with our Interventional Pulmonary Division as well as our busy Thoracic Oncology and Gastroenterology services. Active participation in our multidisciplinary tumor board and a consistent presence in our Cancer Center will be essential.
- General Surgery residents as well as exceptional Physician Assistants support the Thoracic Surgery service.
- Faculty appointment to the University of Connecticut School of Medicine at the Assistant or Associate Professor level commensurate with experience.
- Partnerships with Jackson Labs and the Center for Aging provide a wonderful opportunity for research collaboration.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in minimally invasive thoracic surgery and esophageal surgery including robotics and VATS.
- While the primary focus of this position is general thoracic surgery, preference will be given to candidates with the ability to cover cardiac surgery cases while on call.
- Exceptional benefits include dependent (including spouse) tuition reimbursement, generous retirement plan options, and moving expenses.
UCONN Health is located in Farmington, CT, mid-way between New York City and Boston and within commuting distance of New Haven. With a four-season climate and many outstanding schools and neighborhoods, the Farmington Valley is a wonderful place to raise a family! UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.
To learn more about this physician opportunity, please contact:
(phone and text)
Please reference Job Position ID 166986 when responding.