- Work closely with design and technical teams, including the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Architects, and Project Specialists, while supporting, or leading the development of design deliverables, such as Construction drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates
- Direct the performance of engineering tasks by other discipline team members for the design of utilities and HVAC (wet/dry) and Plumbing systems for high technology facilities including cleanrooms, general manufacturing/process facilities, and institutional facilities
- Apply industry standard practices and innovations relating to efficient piping design
- Understand and apply required codes and standards
- Coordinate calculations using required software
- Direct the use of software to design, optimize and troubleshoot piping systems
- Direct the use of appropriate piping system stress analysis software to determine weight, pressure, temperature, & earthquake impacts on system design
- Develop system sequences of operation
- Work includes some travel to project sites to verify existing conditions as well as installation verification during construction
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will interface with clients, attend client interviews, assist in preparation of proposals, estimate manhours, and use project workflow documents
- Mentor and develop staff engineers and designers
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
3rd level engineering qualification or equivalent trade experience.
Minimum 8 years' experience
- In-depth working knowledge of complex industrial, pharma or semiconductor piping systems.
- Proficient in Plant 3D, Revit, AutoCAD (or equivalent software) and pipe Stress software.
- Experience utilising Navisworks and BIM360 on a large project.
- Has demonstrated experience solving problems and developing solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Able to successfully conduct presentations to customers and stakeholders
- Monitor performance, identify issues, and correct issues
- Good organizational planning abilities