Georgetown Hill Early School is a non-profit school serving Maryland families' preschool, elementary, and child care needs since 1980 . Our mission is to join together teachers, children and their families to create an unsurpassed early childhood educational experience.
We are looking for Assistant Teachers to join our Twos , Threes , and Pre-K preschool programs at several of our Montgomery County campuses ! This is a full time position with flexible schedule options.
Your role will be to help meet the individual needs of our students and foster the independence of each child in a family-like environment of trust and warmth.
What You Will Do:
- Support the educational needs and interests of infant/toddler children under the leadership of the Lead Teacher using a creative and age-appropriate curriculum
- Supervision of infant/toddler children to assure the health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Support the physical, socio-emotional, and developmental needs of each child in the classroom
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with children, families, colleagues, and community
- Support the infant/toddler classroom in a way that fosters a consistent, safe, and positive learning environment for all students and staff
Why You'll Love Us:
We enjoy providing our educators with the space to utilize our proven PLAN curriculum while exploring their own creativity in the classroom. We invite you to join our growing community of teachers and hope that you'll find a rewarding and fulfilling career at our schools.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance with an employer-funded health reimbursement account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) with up to 4% annual employer match
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Schedules
- Sick Leave
- Personal Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount on Tuition
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that ensures the happiness and success of each of our employees, as well as the families and children who put their trust in us. We pride ourselves on hiring, training, and retaining a community of employees from various backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- Minimum of the MSDE 90 hr Preschool certification or a CDA with the Preschool endorsement.
- Understanding of the principles of child development and teaching methods
- Knowledge of MSDE regulations
- A personal demeanor that is warm, friendly, and cool-tempered
- Proficient technological skills to utilize various productivity tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and reading skills
- Extremely reliable in attendance and punctuality
- Organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Team-oriented and willing to work with others
Per Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care regulations, all applicants must submit to and successfully pass a state and federal background check as a contingency of employment.
Per organizational policy, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and expects them to maintain applicable boosters. Georgetown Hill provides reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need an accommodation regarding this policy because of a disability, you are responsible for requesting a reasonable accommodation from Georgetown Hill Human Resources.