About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a P-Way Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Pontypridd.
What you'll be doing
- Provision of technical support to the Lead Engineer for the planning and delivery of transformation works ensuring all technical aspects of the works comply with relevant Network Rail Group and Line Standards and safety legislation.
As a P-Way Engineer you will:
Who we're looking for
- Provide Technical support in the detailed planning and execution of all of Track Renewal and Enhancement Works as allocated by the Lead Engineer;
- Monitor and ensure technical compliance on all works, site and office;
- Attend relevant meetings including Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings as required;
- Manage the work to meet agreed financial targets, performance KRAs and other KPIs;
- Manage works in compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations;
- Manage works in compliance with the TFW technical specifications, processes and procedures and Network Rail Group and Line Standards;
- Undertake surveys, planning and programming of work, technical supervision on site, preparation of documents;
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Bar Charts / Time Chainage charts, WPPs, and other site documentation for all works;
- Undertake safety inspection as stipulated in BB procedures and requirements;
- Submit Daily Work Returns (Planned v Actuals) in a timely manner;
- Participate in the CVL project Safety Briefing Programme.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Good knowledge of Track Renewals Disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards;
- Knowledge of financial controls;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and man management skills;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Ability to drive;
- HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- PTS and COSS.