Job Title - Regional Commercial Underwriter
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £50,000
Location - Various with the expectation of travel
Industry - Insurance Underwriting
Review and evaluate insurance risks and propose and negotiate policy terms in accordance with organisations Underwriting principles, standards and criteria, within limits of authority to ensure fair outcomes and first class customer service, aligned with company's risk appetite and financial objectives. Help influence the performance of Agents promoting best practice in order to provide excellent service to their customers and minimise breaches and complaints.
- Support the organisations within delivering profitable growth, whilst maintaining compliance standards and criteria within limits of authority.
- Negotiate large commercial account reviews and connected portfolios using expert knowledge and utilise SME's when required to deliver compelling and market leading propositions to their customer.
- Champion, advise and guide Agents on more complex risks, technical and customer service areas to improve their knowledge and support effective decision making whilst driving an improved understanding, capability and awareness of best practice.
- Support regular company performance review meetings - Including conducting an analysis of current performance versus plan, identification of trends and delivery of agreed actions in conjunctions with agency/S&A and regional underwriting management
- Identify, support and guide broker partners to ensure training, monitoring and support is provided to meet individual development needs, in order to achieve required standards of competence, quality and to further increase authorities.
- Identify and resolve broker partners Underwriting escalations to ensure fair, consistent application in line with policy, legislative requirements, organisational culture and Guiding Principles.
- Analyse and evaluate risk and propose and negotiate policy terms, including appropriate limitations and endorsements, in accordance with Underwriting standards and principles and within limits of authority, to ensure a fair outcome for members aligned with risk appetite and profitability objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with Claims, Senior Technicians and Broker partners to ensure the effective delivery of objectives and first class customer service. Act as a key point of reference.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of Underwriting, have a track record of dealing with relevant, more complex and technical cases and of effectively coaching and guiding peers and colleagues.
- High level of Underwriting authority or significant progression towards achieving this.
Business Focus - Maintains and promotes the Guiding Principles of the organisation, demonstrates effective technical and business skills and a broad market understanding. Shares knowledge and expertise with others to enhance team and organisational success.
Delivers Results - Creates a team environment, provides innovative ideas and challenges self and others to achieve higher levels of quality and output to achieve great results for our clients business.
Executes Successfully - Shows initiative and instigates changes that deliver improvements for the area, promotes and responds positively to change and adjusts own approach to ensure success of changes and new ideas.
Customer Focus - Puts customers first, fully considering their requirements to deliver high quality service to meet their needs at all times. Develops long lasting relationships with customers based on open communication, trust and mutual respect.
Personal Effectiveness - Plans multiple activities and projects effectively, welcomes challenging goals and takes ownership of personal development to enhance performance and deliver successful results for the business.
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English or equivalent
- Level 3 ACII desirable
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-