Union: ONA Nursing
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Part Time
Shift: 2D 2N Days, Nights, Weekends
Functioning interdependently with members of the multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Nurse assesses the needs of adult and pediatric patients requiring care in the Emergency Department. In this position, the incumbent may be required to work with COVID positive patients when assigned. The successful incumbent would be responsible for ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Current Certificate of Competence from College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of one-year current nursing experience to include: Blood and Blood Products Administration; Urinary and Gastric Catheter Insertion; Glucose Point of Care Testing; and Management of Patients with Intravenous Therapy
- Minimum of one-year experience in an Emergency/ Critical Care Setting
- Demonstrated Competency in: Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation (Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia Course)
- Venipuncture to initiate IV Therapy
- Demonstrated Competency in Advanced IV Medication Administration to include: direct IV Administration and Special IV infusions such as Inotropes
- Application of Energy to include Defibrillation and Transthoracic Pacing
- Successfully completed one or more of the following certificate programs/ courses: PALS, ACLS, TNCC/ATLS, Triage, Physical Assessment, Cardiac Arrhythmia
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.