Union: ONA Nursing
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Contract End Date: March 1, 2023
Shift: 7.5 & 11.25 Hour Shifts and Standby Days/Evenings/Weekends
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive and supportive care to the hemodialysis patient. The Registered Nurse works with patients on a long-term basis while demonstrating knowledge of care for the chronic kidney disease patient. The Registered Nurse ensures there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Applicants with current hemodialysis experience in acute and chronic settings will be given first consideration
- Minimum of two (2) years medical/surgical experience required Evidence of progression toward Canadian Nurses Association certification in Nephrology Nursing must be presented within two years of start date in the position
- BCLS required
- Certification in Blood Bank administration, IV Drug Therapy, Hemodialysis Access Management and hemodialysis machine operation preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills to care for multiple chronic and acutely ill hemodialysis patients
- Demonstrated knowledge of nephrology theory
- Demonstrated evidence of recent and relevant continuing education considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with chronic patients and families effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative care environment as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated good attendance record
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.