To perform respiratory therapy treatment modalities in all treatment areas. To furnish assistance during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Treat and monitor all ventilator cases. Demonstrate knowledge or principles of growth and development and the skills necessary to provide respiratory care for patients of all age groups.
Education, License, & Cert
Must possess a minimum of an A.S. or an A.A.S. degree from a CoARC approved Respiratory program. The Respiratory Therapist must be licensed by the State of Pennsylvania and hold a current license. The Respiratory Therapist must be recognized by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Must be a graduate of a CoARC approved Respiratory Therapy Program. Prefer at least one year of intensive and general care as a respiratory therapist. Will require orientation for blood gas procurement and analysis, department policies and protocols, as well as general orientation to the Troy Community Hospital.
1. Assessment, treatment and monitoring of ventilator cases in both critical care areas and medical/surgery areas.
2. Recognizes an emergency situation and initiates the proper plan of action.
3. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling to meet patient care requirements
4. Review existing data in patient records which include admission and current respiratory care, orders, PFT values, ABG results, and respiratory therapy progress notes. Authorized to access medications and storage areas in the performance of essential job functions and duties.
5. Performs Respiratory Therapy (RT) Protocol and assessment compliant with Respiratory Care standards of practice, policies and procedures, such as but not limited to tracheostomy care, pulmonary function studies, sterile technique, CPAP/BiPAP, oxygen, ventilator set up and functions.
6. Review existing data in patient records which include admission and current respiratory care, orders, PFT values, ABG results, and respiratory therapy progress notes. Authorized to access medications and storage areas in the performance of essential job functions and duties.
7. Recommend the collection of additional pertinent data through chest x-ray, blood gas analysis and other laboratory reports.
8. Perform maintenance to the blood analyzer machine.
9. Education on planned therapies and goals for patients such as, COPD, home care therapies, oxygen therapy, smoking cessation, and other associated therapies.
10. Draw ABGs and process them with the current equipment and programs
11. Perform EKGs, Holter monitor set ups, and home sleep study devices set ups.
12. Assists with orientation of new Respiratory Care Practitioners.
13. Demonstrates cost effective patient care by utilizing resources responsibly.
1. BLS provider.
2. Functions independently in all patient care areas, demonstrating initiative in completing work assignments.
3. Supports and adheres to the Guthrie Values.
4. Participation in community and employee engagement activities is required.
5. It is understood that this description is not intended to be all-inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in the performance of this position.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.