Union: UNIFOR Service
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: 7.5 and 11.25 hour Days/Evenings/Weekends
The Registered Practical Nurse assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of hemodialysis patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting. Works with patients on a long-term basis while demonstrating knowledge of care for the chronic kidney disease patient. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Future opportunity to work with hemodialysis patients in the satellite units.
- Current registration (in good standing) with College of Nurses of Ontario
- 2 years (full time equivalent) experience in Medical Surgical nursing
- Hemodialysis experience preferred
- Completion of health assessment course preferred
- Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
- Demonstrated communication skills necessary to interact with interdisciplinary team, patients, significant others, and general public
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in caring for chronic patients and families
- Skilled in BG testing, 12 lead EKG's, vital sign monitoring, IV therapy, aseptic technique and oxygen therapy.
- Responsible, energetic individual with above average ability to prioritize and organize in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative care environment
- Demonstrated positive relationships with other health care professionals and able to contribute to development of an environment conducive to excellent patient care
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient needs
- Demonstrated evidence of recent continuing education
- Basic computer skills
- Good attendance record
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.