What's the job?
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this role in Corporate / Central Engineering is responsible for the design and implementation of all electrical aspects (controls and power) of new, altered and existing equipment at fiberglass manufacturing plants in the US and Canada. There are five manufacturing sites in North American with a variety of equipment that this position will support.
- The requirement for this position is a strong background in power/distribution systems (controls experience is a plus). The position will be expected to perform the conceptual engineering design and analysis for proposed projects (and in some cases full detailed Engineering packages for smaller projects) and prepare written specifications and scopes of work.
- Position will require the person to be a go to resource for the National Electrical code (NFPA 70) and Arc Flash (NFPA70e) for the IG team. This person must have the ability to perform short circuit analysis and apply protective relay settings for medium and low voltage power systems.
- Position will require the ability to interpret transformer oil testing dissolved gas analysis reports. Responsibility for preparing project funding (appropriation) requests including supporting documentation to implement the particular project that could range in size from $50k to $5M.
- This position will also issue Requests for Quote and assist with contractor bid meetings as well as interface with construction contractors. Project management and implementation skills such as budgeting, scheduling, issuing purchasing requisitions, field construction supervision, cost management and project reconciliation are required. This position will perform supervision and or consultation for urgent repairs after plant major electrical issues.
- Position will require a minimum of 50% travel to plant locations as well as vendors, contractors, etc. as required to complete work assignments. Extended travel periods will be required during furnace rebuilds and line restarts.
- Requirement to work closely with other internal support groups including SG Engineering, purchasing, finance, accounts payable and EHS.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required with a minimum of 10+ years' experience as a Project Engineer in a manufacturing environment or with an Engineering firm doing project work in a manufacturing industrial environment.
- Experience with Medium Voltage (up to 13.8 KV) and Low Voltage 480 - 120 VAC power systems.
- Experience with Instrumentation wiring systems (T/C, 4-20 mA, 24 VDC and mV) is required.
- Knowledge of ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet and Modbus networking is required.
- Working knowledge of the NEC is required.
- Experience in protective relaying and ability to work with SKM PowerTools software is a plus.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, PanelView and Wonderware or Ignition MMIs is required.
- Experience with troubleshooting and designing power systems is a requirement.
- Problem solving skills is critical to this position. The ability to evaluate a problem and prepare a plan to resolve the issue with potentially limited resource availability and within a reasonable time frame. A person with good trouble shooting skills is a plus, however a person who knows how to best use the tools available and prioritize to solve a problem is a requirement.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including previous experience with writing specifications and scopes of work.
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Inventor or SolidWorks software is a plus.
- Skills should include Microsoft Project/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/SAP.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees from plant hourly employees through upper management.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to meet position requirements.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
orts the hiring of veterans.