Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the clinic. Verifies insurance benefits and assist with referrals. Collects payments and prepares cash for deposits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in a health care organization
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential
- Knowledge of managed care preferred Some college preferred ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills) preferred
- Experience with charge posting or collections preferred