Mozilla's Future Products team researches emerging technology stacks and ecosystems to evaluate their fit for new products. We're a diverse group of designers, strategists, engineers, and innovators.
Do you thrive in environments that allows you to stretch and grow your technical skills, and contribute to organizational and innovation strategy? Do you have a broad knowledge of existing and emerging web technologies?
We're looking for a hardworking and capable Creative Technologist build prototypes that can be used to demonstrate, test, and gather feedback on our concepts and design solutions for a wide array of audiences including internal partners, end-users, developers, and collaboratorsWhat You'll Do
What You Bring
- Systematically and independently explore technical domains to create strategic and tactical recommendations for service development.
- Communicate your insights and domain expertise in written and verbal means to multi-functional teams and translate sophisticated ideas into clear and practical recommendations.
- Plan, design and implement prototypes at different resolution levels-including clickable prototypes, simulated interactive experiences (e.g. Wizard of Oz prototypes or interactions-on-rails), and interactive or coded prototypes - and support the technical/prototyping side of all our UX research and design activities.
- Collaborate with engineers, researchers, designers, and strategists to resolve new product and services opportunities.
Your professional profile...
- A desire to work on challenges related to the openness, health, and accessibility of the Internet, and ensure the safety, privacy, and well-being of the people using it.
- Expertise in scoping, handling, and implementing technical projects
- Inclusive and constructive collaboration skills, giving and accepting feedback, and aligning to team and organizational goals.
- Experience generating ideas within a collaborative environment, and open-minded to new approaches, techniques, and avenues of exploration
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a full-stack engineer, design technologist, or creative technologist (or similar) who has been designing and building prototypes at different levels of resolution
- Portfolio with examples of translating early concepts into lo-to-hi-fidelity prototypes, including examples of different modes and styles of interactions, e.g. web-based technologies, native applications, mobile interactions, digital/physical interactions
- Highly proficient learning new technology stacks and strength making informed strategic recommendations about standard methodologies, technologies, and approaches in new domains
- Experience building functional prototypes; familiar with trends in relation to new and emerging technology and industry standards in relation to prototyping
- Passionate about ethical and user-centered approaches to technology development
- Commitment to increasing access, diversity, and inclusion on the internet through the technologies and techniques used
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience with full-stack development for privacy and security technologies
- Experience using and adhering to design systems experience
- Proficient in design and rapid UX prototyping tools like Axure, Figma, InVision, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with voice systems, augmented and/or virtual reality; machine learning or AI systems; distributed web technologies
- Experience with building for web3, including blockchain, dApps, smart contracts, cryptocurrency, tokens, and NFTs
- Experience in an open source environment.
- Experience working on a remote and distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at hiringaccommodation@ to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1911