United States - Preferably Boise, Idaho or Austin, Texas
What is FanPower?
FanPower is the Full Stack Fan Engagement Engine that transforms sports content into interactive experiences. We create next generation audience growth solutions for sports teams, leagues and media companies. FanPower is backed by the best sports technology investors and trusted by market leaders, including NASCAR, USA Today, FloSports, and the Chicago Sky.
At FanPower our goal is to build the best software based on high quality practices with modern technology.
As a Senior Software Engineer or Team Lead on the FanPower platform you will be a core contributor to the product, guiding the team build our next generation of technology, evaluating and improving practices and architecture. You will take part in peer code reviews, feature and sprint planning, as well as writing documentation and tests. You are also a guiding voice for the team, helping with questions and team growth overall with a focus on organizing the team and growing the engineering organization. You love to foster a community of growth and positivity and love to share your technical knowledge. We are a small and nimble team so each member is a core component to our overall vision and success. If you are looking for a high impact role, this is for you!
No visa sponsorship available.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years working in a professional engineering/development capacity
- Experience as technical lead or other type of team leadership
- Strong system architecture knowledge
- 3+ years working in a modern web app environment - fullstack, front-end or back-end.
- Ability to communicate often and clearly about the status of projects, needs, and day to day operations via Slack, phone, or email.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years experience building APIs with Node - Express or similar framework
- 3+ years Typescript experience
- 3+ years with React or a similar framework (Angular, EmberJS, VueJS, Svelte)
- Cloud DevOps including CI/CD pipelines as well as some understanding of GitHub Actions
- Experience with writing tests for both frontend and backend
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational data store
- Experience with SQL design and usage best practices including security and performance
- Experience with ElasticSearch and NoSQL data stores
- Experience working on scalable, distributed systems
- Willingness to stay agile and on your toes as our roadmap and sports landscape changes often and quickly!
- Strong leadership skills with desire to build teams
- Sports knowledge a plus, but not required
- Enjoy solving tough problems and overcoming challenges
- Drive to apply and improve quality and best practices
- Ability to see the big picture and how agility impacts long term goals
- Enjoy being part of a team and accomplishing goals together
- Desire to share knowledge and help others grow
- Health Insurance (including vision and dental)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Fully Remote workplace with "on-site" meetups across the country
- Company Laptop (if needed)
- Stock Options