Wehave an exciting opportunityavailable for a Senior Solution Architect to join one of the world's leading research Institutes at a crucial time in its evolution, and play a definitive role in shaping it for the future. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary from £68,000 per annum, subject to skills & experience plus great benefits!The Senior Solution Architect role:
The Information Technology Office (ITO) team within the Francis Crick Institute is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of all IT applications which manage the running of the institute, along with the publication and library services provided to scientists.
As a Senior Solution Architect within this team,you will be responsible for the design of new software services for a variety of different projects within the Crick, relating to Enterprise Resource Planning, Service Management, Data exploitation, Talent acquisition and management, and more.
Responsibilities of our Senior Solution Architect will include:
- Creating High Level Designs for new enterprise software services
- Supporting the Development team to develop, testing and operating new enterprise software services
- Taking ownership of the technical architecture and architecture governance, design documentation and roadmap for those services, in conjunction with the Chief IT Architect
- Selection of technology frameworks needed to deliver those services, in conjunction with the Chief IT Architect
- Managing day to day technical management of key vendor relationships
- Continual optimisation of software services, and elimination of technical debt
- Managing proposals for introduction of new services, or transformation of existing ones, to meet the strategic objectives of the Crick
- Acting as thought leader and technical domain expert
Skills and experience we are looking for in our Senior Solution Architect:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in Computer Science or related STEM subject
- Demonstrable experience in hands-on software development and technical roles, both as an engineer, and in the management of technical teams in a cutting edge technology environment
- Experienced in implementing and working with CI/CD pipelines and working practices
- Experienced in working with recognised software/enterprise architectural frameworks, eg TOGAF or similar
- Experienced in working with one or more of the following Cloud ecosystems: AWS, Azure, Google
- Experienced contributing to IT architectural policies, including infrastructure, integration, vendor and especially Information Security
- Experienced in building strong stakeholder relationships - both technical and business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Closing date: 6th October 2022, 23.59
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Solution Architect, please click 'apply' today, we'd love to hear from you!
All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening (including enhanced DBS check) and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.