WBK Engineering, LLC (WBK) is currently seeking a motivated individual to work out of our St. Charles, IL office. WBK is a full-service civil engineering consulting firm providing transportation, structural, municipal, construction, environmental and storm water engineering, as well as urban planning. Our staff includes 30 engineers, planners, and support professionals. WBK has offices in St. Charles, Illinois, and in Battle Creek, Michigan.
WBK is seeking an experienced and responsive Senior Structural Engineer, committed to professional growth, who will support our growing structural engineering practice. The selected candidate will provide technical guidance to junior engineers from startup to closeout of projects and perform QA/QC of design calculations, plans, and specifications. Completion of FHWA-NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridge classes is preferred. Experience working with Micro-Station, typical structural design and load rating software such as MDX, AASHTOWare, Bentley Leap Bridge, and OpenBridge Modeler is a plus.
***WBK is dedicated to providing a flexible work environment to support work-life balance. This position does offer the flexibility to work from home for a portion of the work week.***
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform Structural Engineering Services for Local Agency, Illinois Department of Transportation, and Illinois State Toll Highway projects
- Documentation of Structural Design computations
- Field inspection of structural elements
- Technical and project report writing
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis
- A preferred eight plus years of technical design experience with concrete and steel bridge superstructure, substructure, and foundation system
- State of Illinois (IL) Professional Engineering (PE) License
- IL Structural Engineering (SE) License preferred or capable of obtaining in the next three years
WBK Engineering, LLC offers a professional work environment with competitive benefit and compensation package, as well as exceptional learning opportunities.